Dr. Ryan Myers of Prestige Medical Care has met the growing demand for non-invasive medical procedures geared towards women’s health and intimate wellness. As the first provider of the Viveve treatment in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area, Dr. Myers has seen firsthand that the complaints and effects of vaginal laxity are quite common. He is pleased to offer the safe and effective technology of Viveve.
A Common Female Condition
Just like the skin, vaginal tissue changes over time. The collagen fibers lose their youthful strength and vitality due to aging, childbirth, genetics, and lifestyle. The results of this collagen loss and tissue change can include urinary incontinence, reduced lubrication during intimacy, and diminished arousal and sensation.
Is the Viveve Treatment Right For You?
During a Viveve consultation, the extent that vaginal laxity symptoms are affecting daily activities and quality of life will be discussed. Questions commonly asked are:
- Do you leak urine when you laugh, cough, sneeze or workout?
- Do you wear panty liners daily as a protection for leakage?
- Do tampons slip or not feel as snug?
- Have you noticed decreased arousal or diminished orgasm during intercourse?
- Is vaginal dryness causing discomfort?
How Does Viveve Work?
Viveve treats vaginal tissue using cryogen-cooled monopolar radiofrequency (CMRF). The gentle pulses of CMRF energy activate your body’s natural renewal response to generate new collagen and restore existing collagen.
This 30-minute, in-office treatment is a safe, non-surgical option for women who want to counter the physical changes that are impacting their daily lives. Simultaneous surface cooling and deep heating ensure a comfortable patient experience. During the Viveve treatment the surface of the vaginal tissue is not injured. No anesthesia or numbing cream is needed.
What Results Can You Expect From Viveve?
The natural collagen rebuilding process begins immediately and continues gradually over 30–90 days. Each patient is different, however many notice improvement and benefits within the weeks following treatment. Sustained results are documented at 12 months.
The Viveve system is approved in over 50 countries for the treatment of urinary incontinence, vaginal laxity or sexual function, and use in general surgery for electrocoagulation and hemostasis in the U.S. The VIVEVE I clinical study published in the Journal of Women’s Health showed a significant improvement in arousal, lubrication, and orgasm versus the placebo treatment. Noted improvements were seen in physical sensation/arousal, lubrication, and orgasm. Studies also show that improved pelvic health can reduce urinary incontinence.
What Patients Are Saying
“I’ve told all of my girlfriends about the Viveve treatment. The procedure was very easy with initial benefits apparent within a month after the procedure. I felt tighter, but more importantly, I felt a heightened sensation during sex, which has led to better orgasms.” –42 yrs., Two Children
“My husband and I noticed a huge difference. We are so happy! Thank you Viveve!” –34 yrs., Two Children
“The treatment itself was painless and I experienced no pain or side effects afterwards. Having the treatment has made me feel confident and I look forward to seeing the results.” –28 yrs., One Child
The Viveve Treatment has improved the health and quality of life for thousands of women worldwide. To see if the Viveve treatment is right for you, request a complimentary consultation with Dr. Myers today.
- What is RF Viveve technology?
- RF, or radio frequency, technology has been used in medical applications for over 75 years. Radio frequency-based systems have successfully been used to treat atrophic scar revision, treatment of unwanted hair, vascular lesions, and inflammatory acne. When applied to tissue, the radio frequency device causes a heating of the collagen helix, causing it and other proteins to reform and rebuild collagen.
- How long is the Viveve treatment?
- The Viveve treatment takes approximately 30 minutes to complete in our office.
- Is the procedure painful?
- Most women experience a sensation of heating and cooling during the treatment, but usually no pain or discomfort.
- Are there any side effects during the treatment?
- Most women don’t experience any side effects during or after the treatment.
- Can I go back to work right after treatment?
- Yes. In most cases, you can return to normal activity immediately . following your treatment.
- How long should I wait to have vaginal intercourse after the treatment?
- We recommend 48 hours after your treatment.
- How long does the effects of the treatment last?
- The treatment is designed to last a year and for some women much longer.
- How soon will I see improvement?
- Most women feel improvement in symptoms within a few weeks, with noticed improvement within six to nine weeks.